Competitive Salary, Permanent Position, Plymouth, South Devon, UK
Become an integral part of the Tungsten West Limited (TWL) team working on the mine re-start through throughout the feasibility study, project re-build, commissioning/ramp-up and into production. You will be a metallurgist or mineral processing engineer with at least 5 years’ hands-on experience in the operation of metalliferous, or other relevant mineral processing plants (e.g. diamond) including experience at the APS level on a large plant with ability to effectively manage a shift-based operations team. Preference will be given to potential candidates who have gained firsthand operating experience of ore sorting, dense medium separation (cyclones), magnetic separation, fine gravity separation, roasting, hydrometallurgical, comminution and classification processes. In depth knowledge and experience of mineral process and plant design including engineering calculations; process control, instrumentation, online sampling procedures; and process optimisation would be considered an advantage.
Key in this role is the requirement to:
- Provide strong leadership to your shift operations team based on experience and example
- Provide support to the Plant Superintendent and liaise effectively with the other APS’s, engineering and metallurgical staff
- Run your shift on the process plant in an efficient, cost effective and safe manner with good housekeeping
- As a key member of the management team, work collaboratively with other management members to achieve the Company’s goals
- Achieve the Company’s process plant production, safety, performance, quality and cost targets o Work as a professional, upholding the standards of best practice at all times
- Organise work in an efficient, responsible and safe manner
- Maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental responsibility
- Build your shift team including training and mentoring of staff so as to give them an understanding of mineral processing principles & equipment
- Manage the operational activities of the process plant safely and efficiently
- Adopt a practical approach to work and the ability to effectively manage site jobs
- Work in an organised and structured manner so as to meet deadlines and avoid mistakes o Maintain the control and instrumentation systems in good order
- Have an operational knowledge of SCADA systems
- Be able to diagnose process problems and inefficiencies.
- Set up best practice principles and create SOP’s for good plant operation
We are seeking candidates eligible to work in the UK, with a relevant degree or suitable experience and qualifications and a UK (or equivalent) car driving licence. The successful candidate will be happy working in a dynamic, hardworking environment and integrating with and assisting the broader operations team. Candidates should be computer literate, physically fit and happy to work outdoors in all weather. Previous successful experience working in the mining industry in senior operational positions is considered essential, and membership of a professional association is highly desirable.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is not currently open. If you would like to express an interest in the role, please do do here. We will contact you when the role opens.