Competitive Salary, Permanent Position Plymouth, South Devon, UK
Become an integral part of the Tungsten West Limited (TWL) team working on the mine re-start through throughout the feasibility study, project re-build, commissioning/ramp-up and into production. You will be a mechanical engineer with at least 15 years’ hands-on experience of maintenance of large mineral processing plants including at senior management levels. Preference will be given to potential candidates who have gained firsthand operating experience of maintenance of ore sorting, dense medium separation (cyclones), magnetic separation, fine gravity separation, roasting, hydrometallurgical, comminution and classification equipment. In depth knowledge and experience of planned and preventative maintenance systems; large mineral processing equipment; electrical equipment and installations; control and instrumentation equipment and systems; PLC and SCADA; engineering projects; and parts inventory policies would be considered an advantage. Key in this role is the requirement to:
- Provide strong leadership to the process plant engineering and maintenance teams based on experience and example
- Provide support to the Plant Manager and liaise effectively with the Plant and Metallurgical Superintendents including callouts where necessary
- Achieve the Company’s process plant availability, safety, performance, quality and cost targets o Set up and maintain the process plant asset register with maintenance and change history
- Set up and execute the planned and preventative maintenance systems and provide systems for engineering cover on a continuous operation.
- Manage the workshops including mechanical, electrical, instrumentation & fabrication sections o Set up and manage the process plant parts and consumables inventory system and plant stores
- Prepare and control the process plant maintenance budget
- Create the engineering records system including manuals & drawings, keeping all up to date.
- Liaise with and manage equipment vendors and contractors in the provision of services
- As a key member of the management team, work collaboratively with other senior management members to achieve the Company’s goals
- Work as a professional, upholding the standards of best practice at all times
- Maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental responsibility
- Develop a cross-disciplinary continuous improvement system to increase operational performance & quality
- Build your team including training and mentoring of staff so as to give them an understanding of engineering techniques, good practice and the equipment or installations
- Adopt a practical approach to work and the ability to effectively manage site jobs
- Work in an organised and structured manner so as to meet deadlines and avoid mistakes o Provide settings or adjustments for the control and instrumentation systems
- Be able to diagnose equipment or installation problems and inefficiencies.
- Set up best practice principles and engineering performance standards
- Undertake continuous improvement studies including the introduction of new technology
We are seeking candidates eligible to work in the UK, with a relevant degree and qualifications and a UK (or equivalent) car driving licence. The successful candidate will be happy working in a dynamic, hardworking environment and integrating with and assisting the broader operations team. Candidates should be computer literate, physically fit and happy to work outdoors in all weather. Previous successful experience working in the mining industry in senior operational positions is considered essential, and membership of a professional association is highly desirable.
Date Published: TBC
Date Closed: TBC