Competitive salary, Permanent position, Plymouth, South Devon, UK
Closed for applications
Join the Tungsten West Limited (TWL) team working on the mine re-start through being an integral part of the team throughout the feasibility study, project re-build, commissioning/ramp-up and into production.
You will be a graduate with an environmental or related discipline degree with >2 years’ experience, knowledge and understanding of the ecological and hydrological aspects of a complex and heavily regulated sites. Preference will be given to potential candidates who have gained experience in mining or quarrying.
Key in this role is the requirement to:
- Work as a professional, upholding the standards of best practice at all times
- Work in a responsible and safe manner as a key member of the TWL team
- Support the implementation of the Environmental Management System to comply with the projects legal environmental requirements and company standards
- The management of monitoring equipment, collection of data and processing of environmental performance data (e.g. water, dust, noise).
- Report environmental performance data to meet permitting reporting requirements
- Report the project environmental performance against the business’s key performance indicators
- To support the internal audit process, report key findings and drive remedial actions
- To supervise environmental programmes and manage project outcomes
- To develop processes and procedures to deliver the objective of the environmental management system
- Support the investigation and reporting of environmental incidents
- Liaise with and provide support and advice to the project team to achieve compliance with the project’s environmental obligations
We are seeking candidates eligible to work in the UK, with a relevant degree or qualifications and a UK (or equivalent) car driving licence. The successful candidate will be happy working in a dynamic, hardworking environment and integrating with and assisting the broader project team. Candidates should be computer literate, physically fit and happy to work outdoors in all weather, have an awareness of environmental legislation and previous experience of implementing an ISO14001 environmental management system and working in the mining industry is highly desirable.
Date advertised: 25 Sep 2020
Date closed: 22 Oct 2020