Competitive salary, Permanent position, Plymouth, South Devon, UK
Join the Tungsten West Limited (TWL) team working on the mine re-start through being an integral part of the team throughout the feasibility study, project re-build, commissioning/ramp-up and into production. Preference will be given to potential candidates who have gained Maintenance experience in metalliferous mining or quarrying,
Key in this role is the requirement to:
- Work in a responsible and safe manner, upholding the standards of best practice at all times.
- Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Group’s Health, Safety & Environment Policy and as explained in Site Health and Safety rules/procedures.
- At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
- Contribute to improving the business, protecting and enhancing the reputation of the company, by putting forward new ideas and, when requested to do so, implementing change.
- Adopt a practical approach to the work and the ability to effectively supervise site jobs
- Work in an organised and structured manner so as to meet deadlines and avoid mistakes
- Liaise with the broader TWL team and other relevant departments as required
- Assist the Tungsten West team with other relevant work as required
More specifically the role will involve:
- Leading a team to carry out Work orders and PM’s
- Stripping and assembly of equipment
- Inspection of equipment, recording of defects and deficiencies
- Reporting to the Department head with detailed reports
- Assisting and working with contractors and vendors to carry out specific tasks
- Write method statements, lifting plans and risk assessments
- Report issues with equipment or unsafe conditions
- Clean up of material from around the mine site
- Complete all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Liaising with the Tungsten West team and other relevant departments as required.
- Assisting the Tungsten West team with other relevant work as required.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the following areas:
Conveyors, Cone crushers, Horizontal and vertical slurry / gravel pumps, Washing and screening, Rotational and vibration Feeders, Fault finding, CMMS, SCADA control system
Desirable additional experience :
Fabrication, MIG and MMA Welding. Telehandler Licence, A good understanding of Electrical fault finding.
We are seeking candidates eligible to work in the UK, with a relevant degree or qualifications and a UK (or equivalent) car driving licence. The successful candidate will be happy working in a dynamic, hardworking environment and integrating with and assisting the broader project team. Candidates should be computer literate, physically fit and happy to work outdoors in all weather. Previous experience working in the mining industry is highly desirable.